SMP551 Silane Modified Polyether Sealant environmental friendly 500ml sausage low VOC paintable on most coatings
SMP551 Sealant for construction is a low or mid modulus, neutral, elastic, single component sealant, which has many applications including joint or cracks sealing in building interior decoration, construction material bonding, floor system adhesion, etc. It is environmentally friendly with low VOC emitting and has excellent adhesion to most construction or synthetic materials without priming, such as aluminum, steel, marble, granite, concrete, PVC, PC, PA, etc. After application, the sealant cures with atmospheric moisture to form a durable rubber seal.
- Environmental friendly: low VOC, nonpoisonous, no staining or corrosion to the substrate.
- Paintable: can be painted with most coatings, outstanding compatibility.
- Excellent workability: single component, good extrusion between 4~40℃, very easy to tool
- Outstanding adhesion: bond to most construction materials without priming.
- ±25% movement capability, exhibit stable performances during normal shape change from stretch and shearing of joint inside the constructions.
- Excellent physical properties: Excellent weather resistance, excellent resistance to aging.
Fields of applications
- Sealing of building internal joints or cracks on the location of wall, roof, ceiling, window, door, washroom and kitchen, etc.
- Adhesion of most construction materials without prime, including aluminum, steel, wood, granite, marble, concrete, cement, PVC, PC, PA.
- Adhesion of floor system.
- Sealing/adhesion of container or prefabricated house;
- Any other suitable applications in construction fields.
||White, black, grey
Skin formation time
|Curing rate(23℃, 50%RH)
|Elongation at break
SMP551 Sealant for construction meets or exceeds the requirements of Q/BYHG 2-2014.
SMP551 Sealant for construction should not be used, applied, or not recommended :
- In conditions above 80℃.
- In structural glazing applications.
- In totally confined spaces as the sealant requires atmospheric moisture for a cure.
- In applications for immersion or always wet conditions.
- On substrates that can extrude grease, plasticizer, or solvent.
- On substrates made of polypropylene, polyethylene, and polytetrafluoroethylene.
Available in 20 fl. oz. (500 ml) foil sausage packs.
Available in white, black, gray.
Storage and shelf life
12 months from the date of manufacture when stored in a cool, dry place within the temperature below 27℃ and out of direct sunlight.
Complete technical data and adhesive/compatible tests are available from Guangzhou Baiyun Chemical Industry CO., LTD.
Directions for use
Before embarking on any work involving SMP551 Sealant for construction, the safety data sheet should be carefully studied by those carrying out the work.
1. All surfaces must be structurally sound, clean, dry, and free of oil, grease, asphalt, and any loose particles.
2. Mask adjacent surfaces. Install approved backing material where necessary.
3. Cut the nozzle to the required diameter. Apply sufficient sealant into joint sides to ensure complete contact
4. Tool in 10 minutes. Remove masking immediately after tooling.
5. Keep good ventilation during construction and cure.
6. To confirm optimum adhesion on either a porous or nonporous surface, adhesion testing should always be carried out prior to the commencement of any project and be carried out at regular intervals during the project.
SMP551 Sealant for construction is non-hazardous when fully cured. Avoid eye contact with uncured sealant, especially children. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with water or obtain medical attention immediately.
Guangzhou Baiyun Chemical Industry CO., LTD. has passed ISO9001/ISO14001 /OHSAS18001 management system authentications, and manufacture products strictly according to ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
Repairs should not be needed in ordinary situations. If the sealant is damaged and needs repairs, please remove damaged parts and clean surfaces with isopropyl alcohol, then seal the damaged region with this product. SMP551 can firmly bond to cured SMP551 sealant.
Customers are recommended to purchase SMP551 Sealant for construction from Guangzhou Baiyun Chemical Industry CO., LTD. or local distributors we authorized.
The directives contained in this documentation are the result of our experiments and of our experience and have been submitted in good faith. Because of the diversity of the materials and substrates and the great number of possible applications that are out of our control, we can’t accept any responsibility for the results obtained. In every case, it is recommended to carry out preliminary experiments.