SMP Sealant for constrction is a low or mid modulus, neutral, elastic, single component sealant, which has many applications including joint or crack sealing in building interior decoration, construction material bonding, floor system adhesion,etc.. It is environmental friendly with low VOC emitting, and has excellent adhesion to most construction or synthetic materials without priming, such as aluminum, steel, marble, granite, concrete, PVC, PC, PA etc.. After application, the sealant cures with atmospheric moisture to form a durable rubber seal.
- Environmental friendly: low VOC, nonpoisonous, no staining or corrosion to substrate.
- Paintable: can be painted with most coatings, outstanding compatibility.
- Excellent workability: single component, good extrusion between 4~40℃, very easy to tool
- Outstanding adhesion: bond to most construction materials without priming.
- ±25% movement capability, exhibit stable performances during normal shape change from stretch and shearing of joint inside the constructions.
- Excellent physical properties: Excellent weather resistance, excellent resistance to aging.
Fields of applications
- Sealing of building internal joints or cracks on the location of wall, roof, ceiling, window, door, washroom and kitchen etc.
- Adhesion of most construction materials without prime, including aluminum, steel, wood, granite, marble, concrete, cement, PVC, PC, PA.
- Adhesion of floor system.
- Sealing/adhesion of container or pre-fabricated house;
- Any other suitable applications in construction fields.
||White, black, grey
Skin formation time
|Curing rate(23℃, 50%RH)
|Elongation at break
SMP Sealant for construction meets or exceeds the requirements of Q/BYHG 2-2014.
SMP Sealant for construction should not be used, applied or not recommended :
- In conditions above 80℃.
- In structural glazing applications.
- In totally confined spaces as the sealant requires atmospheric moisture for cure.
- In applications for immersion or always wet conditions.
- On substrates that can extrude grease, plasticizer or solvent.
- On substrates made of polypropylene, polyethylene and polytetrafluoroethylene.
Available in 10.1 fl. oz. (300 ml) plastic caulking cartridges and 20 fl. oz. (590 ml) foil sausage packs.
Available in white, black, gray or other colors on request.
Storage and shelf life
12 months from date of manufacture when stored in a cool, dry place within the temperature below 27℃ and out of direct sunlight.
Complete technical data and adhesive/compatible tests are available from Guangzhou Baiyun Chemical Industry CO., LTD.
Directions for use
Before embarking on any work involving SMP Sealant for construction, the safety data sheet should be carefully studied by those carrying out the work.
1. All surfaces must be structurally sound, clean, dry and free of oil, grease, asphalt, and any loose particles.
2. Mask adjacent surfaces. Install approved backing material where necessary.
3. Cut the nozzle to the required diameter. Apply sufficient sealant into joint sides to ensure complete contact
4. Tool in 10 minutes. Remove masking immediately after tooling.
5. Keep good ventilation during construction and cure.
6. To confirm optimum adhesion on either a porous or nonporous surface, adhesion testing should always be carried out prior to the commencement of any project and be carried out at regular intervals during the project.
SMP Sealant for construction is non-hazardous when fully cured. Avoid eye contact with uncured sealant, especially children. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with water or obtain medical attention immediately.
Guangzhou Baiyun Chemical Industry CO., LTD. has passed ISO9001/ISO14001 /OHSAS18001 management system authentications, and manufacture products strictly according to ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
Repairs should not be needed in ordinary situations. If sealant is damaged and needs repairs, please remove damaged parts and clean surfaces with isopropyl alcohol, then seal the damaged region with this product. SMP*** can firmly bond to cured SMP sealant.
Customers are recommended to purchase SMP Sealant for construction from Guangzhou Baiyun Chemical Industry CO., LTD. or local distributors we authorized.
The directives contained in this documentation are the result of our experiments and of our experience and have been submitted in good faith. Because of the diversity of the materials and substrates and the great number of possible applications which are out of our control, we can’t accept any responsibility for the results obtained. In every case it is recommended to carry out preliminary experiments.