SS861 is the single component and non-sag type silicone sealant which is specially designed for the expansion joint, contraction joint and vertical joint of the airfield runway, highway, tunnel, bridge and other concrete roads. It is characterized by low modulus and good expansion & contraction recovery which can accommodate the displacement of the concrete joints. The accelerated weathering aging tests show that its excellent weatherproof aging property can completely resist the harsh tests of the high and low temperature as well as the strong ultraviolet radiation environment of the concrete road.
- Ease of application: single package, convenient for application, excellent extrudability and applicability within the normal construction temperature range;
- No primer: neutral curing, chemically compatible with the concrete, firm chemical adhesion to the concrete, normally it is not necessary to apply the primer;
- Long service life: excellent long-term weather proof aging properties; it will not be damaged due to the influence of sunlight, rain, snow, ultraviolet radiation and ozone; outstanding high and low temperature resistance; after curing, the cured silicone sealant bar will not get hardened or brittle obviously under -40°C and still keep good elasticity; it will not flow or degrade under +150°C;
- High displacement capacity: the sealant will be displaced freely with the expansion, contraction and shearing of the concrete joints. But the sealant itself will not be damaged.
- Low modulus: when the sealant is deformed negatively, it will produce appropriately low stress to act on the concrete substrate to make sure that the surface layer of the concrete is not damaged.
- High elasticity and high recovery capability: the sealant can move repeatedly for many times with the movement of joints. It can respond to and recover quickly. There is only slight permanent deformation.
2. Main Purpose
- Used for filling and sealing the joint of the airfield runway and the highway, which can resist large displacement;
- Used for filling and sealing the joint of other concrete roads;
- Used for the sealing of the subway, tunnel and bridges etc. projects.
3. Main Technical Standards
|Smooth and Flat
|Surface Drying Time, h
|Elastic Recovery, %
|Adhesion at Maintained Extension
|Adhesion after heat pressing and cold drawn
|Adhesion at maintained extension after inundating in the water
|Adhesion at maintained extension after heat treatment
|Changes in hardness after the heat treatment, has
|Thermo gravimetric, %
4. Standards Compliant
- SS861 complies with and even surpasses the following standards:
- Industrial Standard SS861: SR I N 25LM JC/T 976-2005
- It is not suitable for construction under adverse weather;
- SS861 is not applicable to the frost or humid surface;
- SS861 is not applicable to the materials that may exude oil, plasticizer or solvent such as the surface of the creosoted timber;
- SS861 is not applicable to the place where may constantly inundate in the water and oil;
- SS861 is not applicable to the places that are not ventilated because the sealant has to be cured by absorbing the moisture in the air;
- It is not suitable to apply the SS861 when the temperature of the material surface is lower than 4°Cor higher than 40°C
- The newly casted concrete shall be protected and maintained at least for 7 days in the dry weather. If there is rainy day, then one more day for maintaining shall be added for one rainy day, i.e. at least 7 days of drying maintenance shall be ensured. If it requires completing the application rapidly or if the concrete is the rapid-drying concrete, please contact the technical service staff of Baiyun Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- During the application of the sealant, it is suitable to be lower than the road surface to prevent from wearing.
- Application restriction of the substrate: it is not suitable to be used on the copper, lead, galvanized metal surface and the polycarbonate material.
- SS861 is packed using the composite soft film. The net capacity is 590ml.
- SS861 is grey or other colors required by the customers.
8. Storage and Shelf Life
SS861 shall be stored at the cool and dry place below 27°C. The storage time is 6 months from the date of manufacture.
9. Technical Service
Complete product technical information will be provided.
SS861 road silicone sealant has excellent adhesion to the concrete. No primer is necessary. But since the variety of the configuration of the concrete and the different surface cleaning conditions, we cannot ensure that the sealant is applicable to all kinds of road concrete. Small scale of field adhesion test must be carried out before the large-scale application so as to propose reasonable plan and further to ensure the good adhesion.